Monday, April 17, 2017

Three Days to Go...

Sleep habits can be changed fairly quickly, I am discovering.  Spent the last five days staying up gradually later and later, and sleeping gradually later and later.  Was in bed about 7:30am today and just got up at about 2:30pm.

Packing is coming together.  Have mailed three large boxes (golf club-sized at 15 x15 x 48, and discovered all kinds of interesting things about the best way to pack and ship things through the USPS. It has meant packing, only to discover that my duffles did not meet Korean Air size limits, repacking to mail, only to realize I had food and some liquids in my bag, to repacking again to comply with the no foods, no liquids, no sharps, no flammables, rules for USPS.  Hauling boxes to the post office only to twice be met with an "I am sorry ma'am, but your box is too large to mail", and needing to convince them that the USPS website shows that my boxes are within limits for Priority International Express mail (not more than 108 inches when you add length and girth of the box).  I am guessing they don't see this very often.  :)  Getting the boxes posted.  Watching email tracking notices (Yay!  My first box has cleared customs in Korea!) and getting an email from ISK saying my first tall box has arrived safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment