Thursday, August 14, 2014

Anticipation

I must admit to some ambivalence about starting a new blog.  I already have five blogs started, most of those somewhat defunct because they were written for a specific time and purpose (ie. grad school class projects, job-related classroom communication, or missions outreach updates for prayer supporters).

I have been asked to share my experiences connected with my upcoming move to South Korea.  Friends from home who graciously have expressed interest in what I have to say, and in photos I might share about my new adventure have also promised to pray, and want to know how.  Have been wondering if another Facebook page would be a better option, or something else.  Maybe both?  A private group page, and a blog, to allow for both options?  I love to write, and spend plenty of time on facebook, so that should not be a chore.

Departure is in less than three week and it comes with much anticipation.  It comes with mixed emotions, and lots of farewells, and good food (I am eating as much of my favorite American foods now fully aware I will not get to my favorite restaurants again for at least a few months).  It comes with intentional uncluttering, deliberate packing, and planning how to best approach a radical change in time zone (to one that is 13 hours ahead of my own -- getting ready for days and nights to abruptly switch places).  Korean visa already secured in my passport, flight arrangements already confirmed, start date for work determined...is this really happening?  Pinch me -- I am moving to Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment